A Legacy of Teamwork...
For 25 years, the Schoolhouse Thrift Shop has depended on a team of regular volunteers to keep the shop running. Though we do have two, part time paid staff members, all 30+ of our remaining staff assist us on a volunteer basis. We love them for all they do to ensure an organized, clean, and welcoming environment for our customers. Their dedication allows us to give more of our profits to local outreach programs and charitable organizations.
Volunteers typically work in 3-hour shifts once a week, twice a month, or once a month and are encouraged to bring their lunch so we can eat together.
Typical duties include:
- Donation intake
- Sorting, pricing, and displaying donated inventory
- Assisting customers
- Organizing shelves and racks
- Dusting, sweeping, and other basic maintenance
- Ringing up purchases (volunteers will be trained on register only if they feel comfortable with cash handling)
- Purging items at the end of the season
- Counting down the drawer at the end of the day, with assistance from the manager
Our Current Needs:
- Friday, 1-4
- Saturday, 1-4
*Volunteers receive an employee discount and first pick on incoming goods!
Interested in joining our team?
If interested in volunteering or learning more about the thrift shop, please call our manager, Leah, at (434) 973-2271 or visit us during our regular store hours. Alternately, email us using the contact form below.
Directions and additional Contact information available here.